Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry - bah Humbug

It's hard to get in the Christmas spirit when I know my friends in Syria are suffering. If they aren't being bombarded by the Syrian regime's tanks, or fired upon by snipers as they go about their daily activities, they are short on food and water, medications and infant formula, heating fuel and car fuel. 

This is supposed to be a day of peace and good will towards all mankind. It's hard to see it like that when so many are suffering. 

If I could only have 1 wish today, it would be for an all encompassing peace. That there would be no other wars.  That all arms would be destroyed and that people worked in businesses that didn't have to do with war. 

I can dream I suppose. Merry.. .whatever...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!