Thursday, November 17, 2011

AOC US has a website that doesn't work.

I spend a fair amount of my time shopping for equipment needed for testing. Today I'm researching touchscreens. I'm looking for 1080p touchscreens that will also work with Wind8ws when it gets released. So far we have purchased models from Viewsonic, Planar and Acer. I just found a HP and a Dell model as well, all cost under $400.

I was asked to find one more model. AOC seems to have 1 touchscreen, but it's older so I'm expecting that it's end of life and won't be able to purchase so I went to their website. First I was using Firefox and I can't get anything to load. First I tried clicking to see 22" LCD's nothing loads. Then I went through their monitor finding wizard input all my details and it finds no monitors. Then I tried looking for TOUCHSCREEN on the search on their site. NOTHING FOUND.  I got pissed off and loaded IE and the flash isn't even loading at all.

In the past I had found AOC CRTs to be very low end. The pair I had bought didn't survive through the first year with the abuse we put monitors through.  AOC certainly did nothing to impress me today. Can't even use their site to figure out the products they have. So it's obvious I won't be getting AOC touchscreens to test with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!