Friday, October 07, 2011

Yemeni woman gets Nobel Peace Prize!

I blogged back in March about this Yemeni woman called Tawakkul Karman. I was so impressed that in a 'backwards' and poor country like Yemen that a woman was one of the people leading the countries pro-democracy movement.  I was reading this morning that she won a Nobel Peace prize. 

Here's hoping that the Yemeni can finally get rid of Saleh and that Yemen joins the rank of democratic countries. It's hard for me to follow what goes on, they aren't nearly as well organized as the Syrians. Understandable. Yemen is a much poorer country, I'm sure far less have internet and/or mobile phones.

Keep up the good work Tawakkul - here's hoping you get to live in a democratic Yemen!

She was one of three women given a Nobel Peace prize for their peaceful activism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!