Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pushap's Restaurant in Pierrefonds

Since I've been doing reviews of new [mostly Lebanese] restaurants that I try, I figure I might review a favourite for a change.

Pushap's vegetarian Indian restaurant. The first time I went there they were still on Gouin. I can't exactly remember the year but it was between 92-94. Back then the restaurant was mostly buffet style.

Since they have moved on to Sources blvd, next door to several other Indian restaurants, they have a meal of the day, they call Thali, which is quite reasonably priced for the amount of food you're getting.  If you mention you don't want dairy, you will get vegan only food. Their curries are quite yummy.

I'm also a real sucker for their vegetable pakora's. While I find they could be crispier,  I love the mix of spices they use.Anyone who reads this blog knows I don't eat anything sweet, so I cannot tell you about  what the really yummy looking sweets at their counter taste like. But I can tell you this, that whenever I am eating dinner at Pushap's at least several times while we are eating people will come into the restaurant for the sole purpose of bringing sweets home for dinner. They seem quite popular, and not just with the Indian community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!