Thursday, October 13, 2011

Occupy Canada - it's spreading

I've been working my ass off for 19 years and my buying power today - is much less then what it was 12 years ago. I have not even had yearly adjustments for the cost of living in that long, never mind a decent raise. This despite the fact that I'm a tireless worker and I still work as hard today as I did in the past, despite the lack of financial incentive. I stand by my work.

It sucks that the prices of everything has gone up substantially.  The price of gas has been brought up artificially. How come is it that companies are making RECORD profits and we barely can make ends meet?  How come is it that the top 1% are so incredibly rich and they can't seem to be able to give anyone a break.

That's why I'm behind the movement "Occupy wall street" "bay street" and in my case in Montreal Square Victoria. I think Canadians have legitimate concerns despite what Mr Flaherty our finance minister says.  I can't say I'll be missing work for this, however if people camp out there for weeks or months, they will need supplies. There are dozens of ways to help behind the scenes and be supportive. I believe in the movement and I believe there's time for change.

Personally I'd like it if those who make more get taxed more. They are the ones who can afford the best accountants and find all the loopholes. They get taxed far less then the rest of us.  I'd also like companies to get taxed.  The health system needs re-vamping so that wait times are more reasonable and so that people can easily find a family doctor.

The other question that begs if the price of the barrel of oil is $84 how come, we're still paying in the $1.30 range at the pump in Montreal?   Why are oil companies allowed to make such enormous profits? Lower the damn prices - it's been sending the prices of everything sky rocketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!