Saturday, October 01, 2011

I never thought I'd see the day where I'd say this

Canada needs another Pierre Elliot Trudeau.  I never appreciated him  when he was prime Minister. Of course he was prime minister from when I was 6 till the year I graduated high school in 1979.  He was again Prime minister for 4 more years starting in 1980.  I was young and I  could just see the negatives. After seeing what came after and this twit Harper, I pine for the days of Pierre Trudeau. 

My mom didn't care that much for all his politics but she had him in great admiration, for both his career and his beliefs. The one thing I can say for Mr. Trudeau is that he had chutzpah and he stood up for what he believed in. 

I'm not sure if Justin Trudeau, Pierre's son,  is going to be that man for Canada, what's sure is that he's too young at the moment, he needs to live before he can be a politician like his dad was. 

When I read the stupid things Harper comes up with or says I shake my head. I'm not the only Canadian who's had enough of Harper but what are our choices. Layton had finally become an inspiration and I bet had he lived he might have gotten a minority government but now who will replace him?  

It's frightening. I see people in the Middle east fighting to have the rights I have as a Canadian and as a Canadian I'm terrified because I see my rights slowly being eroded. But I'm not seeing anyone yet who step up and will make sure that we keep our freedom as Canadians.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!