Sunday, October 16, 2011

Can the Canadian Media be trusted to report honestly?

One of my favourite placards at Square Victoria was this one:

It says "You don't know why we're here?  Quebecor and PowerCorp don't know either. Read real newspapers!" 

I've linked my photos in many places, I figure I had fun taking them why not share them. Well as it goes, someone commented the media said there was only 500 in attendance in Montreal.  My photo's show crowds in the 1000-2000 range.  As well, this was the people that was there when I attended. Different people came at different times of the day to support the movement. I'd bet closer to 4000 people came on the first day. Some just to see, some only had a few hours to spare but strongly feel part of this 99%.  

It seems that the media is under reporting the grass roots support to the Occupy movement. Many feel that in Canada we've got it good and that the movement will peter out. I don't think so. I'm going to be downtown this week for work fairly close to Square Victoria and I plan on going there to take photos during my lunch hour and give whomever is there support.   I'm not the only one who will support the protesters. I need to work but it doesn't prevent me from being part of it and passing along info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!