Sunday, September 04, 2011

Vatican still in heavy denial

Personally I don't think the Catholic church has any credibility left. The fact that priests and higher ups in the Catholic church were able to abuse children, in particular boys is appalling. The fact that the catholic church has been denying it for years is downright disgusting.

The Nile isn't just a river in Egypt!!! The worst part is that it wasn't just one lone priest in ONE country. Catholic priest sex scandals have popped up on several continents and I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg. A large percentage of people affected would rather never talk about it again.

The only way to make restitution and to have any semblance of belief is to apologize. Trying to hide what happened makes it worse. Nothing can be worse then telling someone who has been raped, molested and/or physically abused, that nothing happened.

Not only does the person feel enormous amounts of guilt, and sometimes also feel responsible for their own misfortune, but saying it never happened is like removing any kind of right to having any kind of emotion for suffering as a child in the hands of morally bankrupt deviants who get to say whether we go to heaven or hell?

If the Catholic Church does not start being transparent instead of secretive and repentant instead of defiant, there will not be much of a church to talk about.  Personally if I was still a staunch catholic I would not let my children ANYWHERE near a priest.  In fact I'd worry about any person who was too interested in my children. I'd wonder what kind of ulterior motive they might have.

There are some Catholics that have had it with the Vatican as well.  I can understand personally I was six when I decided that there were more hypocrites, liar and cheaters then real pious Catholics. It was all about saying you were a good Catholic and concealing all the immoral things you did in the background when it wasn't Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!