Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Crossing the line in Smart Set at the Colosseum

I went shopping this morning, in particular to  get lace bra covers, so that any dress that's got too plunging cleavage has the cleavage hidden by the lace.

I figured since all the stores at the Colosseum on Chemin Ste Marie are warehouse stores, I'd check them all out. When I walked into the Smart Set there was a clerk folding clothes near the entrance. As I wandered around the store she was always two feet away from me pretending to put stuff away. 

I told her the first time she asked what I was shopping for that I was just looking. However she took it upon herself to stalk me around the store. I had spotted two tops I was considering trying out, when I turned around there she was again, pretending to fold clothes a few feet away so I just walked out.

I was the only client in the store. There was three clerks. Did one clerk have to follow me around like I was a thief? I don't feel it's helpful to have someone two feet behind me when I'm shopping. It makes me feel like they were checking to make sure I don't steal. This clerk crossed the helpful line into very unattractive behaviour one that is likely to send more then me running away screaming.

Any store that makes me feel like a common thief instead of a valued client is a store I'm not going back to. So Smart Set at the Colosseum might consider advising their sales clerk that stalking clients will kill their business.

1 comment:

Thank-you for leaving a comment!