Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Video of Global Syria day 2 in Montreal

One of the video's of the Rally in Montreal in support of the Syrian people on July 30th, 2011 If you're really observant and know what I look like you can spot me briefly in one frame among the crowd.

I'm asking  myself what the Syrian regime hopes to accomplish by the continuing crackdown, especially during the holy month of Ramadan. One article I read in the middle of the night while I couldn't sleep was from the Jerusalem Post   The journalist made allusions that those Syrian tanks couldn't do much harm to an Israeli brigade but it's perfectly adequate for attacking unarmed civilians.  I get amazed when I see the footage of all those tanks. I doubt Canada has that many tanks! [Then again the lack of adequate military equipment in Canada is always a running joke, and frankly I think I'd rather we were poorly equipped.  I'd rather see our army as a peace keeping force.]

Bashar now faces indictment in international  criminal court. However I can't help but wonder how much good the International Criminal Court can do.  It's certainly not stopping Bashar's goons from shelling Hama.

1 comment:

  1. Bahaha I played Where's Waldo? mom version and I found you. but I would recognize you in any crowd

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!