Monday, August 15, 2011

Thirteen Senses

I'd never heard of the band before yesterday, though one of their songs has been haunting me since I heard it as the song used for one of the various video montages to come out of Syria, to show the world how bad things have gotten under Assad's regime. 

The song they used is called "Into the fire" and when I hear it, I get emotional. I don't think I'll ever be able to listen to this song without thinking about Syria in 2011. Of course because they are considered as an alternative/indie rock it appeals to my senses too. It's also considered "Dream-pop" whatever that means. There are so many sub-genres now.

I'm going to check out the rest of their music to see if it's just one song that gets to me or if this is a new band that I'll be enjoying from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!