Monday, August 08, 2011

Potty equality

Apparently locations that have equal facilities for men and women in terms of bathrooms are doing the women a great disservice. I've accepted the fact that in most large public places, you have to wait in line to use the bathroom. I've seen it everywhere in the world where I have travelled.  Apparently women take more time in the bathroom and have more bathroom needs. Some States in the USA and some countries have made laws that says there should be twice as many bathrooms for women as there are for men.

I work in a company where the ratio of women to men is greatly skewed.  There are also less bathrooms for women then there are for men and I suspect it is the cause of some of the appalling tantrums that some of us have witnessed at work in the woman's bathroom.

My gf seems to share same bathroom hours as a tech from another department.  This tech sighs really loudly, huffs and puffs, stomps feet and even sometimes leaves slamming the door behind her if she arrives and my gf is using the ONE sink.  This bathroom has 2 stalls and 1 sink! What kind of genius designs a bathroom with more toilets then sinks?  If you have 2 bathrooms you should have 2 sinks, like DUH! The tech is a bit OCD and feels the need to wash her hands often. If someone is using the sink when she enters the bathroom she has a conniption.

At work we've had the bathroom Nazi, part of the cleaning crew  who would chase women out of the bathrooms, including the showers at the gym bathroom,  to clean them. We also have the bathroom Diva, who has hissy fits  if the sink or "her stall" is occupied when she walks into one particular bathroom.

The thing that amuses me about the bathroom Diva is that there are 3 other bathrooms, equidistant from this one, that she could also use.   Heck I have days where I want to be alone in the bathroom,  if someone is already in,  I just go to one of the other three.  I don't sigh, huff, puff, stomp feet or slam doors in disgust either!

4 comments:

  1. In the women's washrooms in A-Block there's about 12 toilet stalls and 12 showers, seperated by about 12 large sinks, each divided in 3s and having their own very large mirror and outlet for hairdryers. Even when there's almost 50 girls living here I almost never encounter any in the washroom. Usually it's just me or me and one other person. Same with the showers @.@ and now there's only about 15 girls here and I never ever see anyone else haha. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we should convince the powers that be to install a porta-potty at her desk complete with porta-sink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, the subtitle of this blog should be, You gotta fight, for your right, to Potty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, that would have made such a could title for this blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!