Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Right to walk around bare chested

Women in parts of Canada have had the right to walk around bare chested for 20 years.  I know they have the right in Ontario and in BC, and in Ontario it has been 20 years.

It's not something I'm ever going to do, being a prude who's easily cold and with extremely white skin. I think my fear of sun burnt breasts is worse then having people stare at them :P

While I never plan on doing it, I strongly feel women should have the same rights as men in this regard.  I know plenty of men who have larger breasts then I do. Why should they be allowed to expose them and I can't? Mine are probably nicer to look at then those of men who's are bigger then mine :)

Along the same lines I'm also for the right of women to be able to breastfeed anywhere they see fit. Anyone who gets offended by this should go back and think long and hard about baby's health. It's fine in our society to eat in public, babies should have the same rights. Those who say women should breastfeed in bathrooms, should be sent to eat their lunch in the bathroom!

As far as I can tell only Ontario and BC allow the right for both men and women to be topless in public. This doesn't change the fact that there is a nudist beach at Oka Park and another near Meech Lake in Gatineau park, both in Quebec.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!