Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Poor wittle dead meadow vole

I didn't really want the poor little thing dead. Unfortunately, most small rodents like mice and voles can carry the Hantavirus.  This can be deadly in some cases.

Ironically the maintenance guy who disposed of the vole and cleaned my tray with disinfectant, also tossed the contents of my tray by just dumping it in the garbage. Never a good idea. They suggest to wash and wet everything so it doesn't become air born.

I really hope that my exposure won't make me sick. The entire contents of my drawer has been exposed to voles. I just cleaned my top one with Lysol wipes. I didn't clean the other 2 yet, I will tomorrow.

I had no idea that rodents could be so deadly. Of course the risk of me having unwanted rodents in my house with the 4 cats is limited. But in a large building like at work, it's not unusual for it to be full of rodents.

2 comments:

  1. you forget that our cats can be afraid of their own shadows.. lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of our 4 cats, 3 might actually be able to catch a mouse or vole. Jethro is the only one I think would have no real interest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!