Saturday, July 30, 2011

Norman Bethune square

Today we're taking the train downtown, I haven't decided if we're going to take the 3 o clock train or the 4 o clock train, but we will be downtown for dinner time. I'm thinking of trying out Buffet Marahaja. I've heard good things about it and seen the ads, so why not?

After which hubby and I are going to make our way to Norman Bethune Square, a tiny piece of land not occupied by a high rise building on the corner of Guy and de Maisoneuve West, across the street from one of the entrances/exits to Guy-Concordia Metro station.

Of course I was curious to know who is Norman Bethune so I had to wiki it.  Considering the type of man Norman Bethune was, he'd be proud that the group for the Global Syrian Day have chosen this square for their demonstration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!