Saturday, July 09, 2011

My cleaning lady really pissed me off

Left kitty litter on sewing basket!
It didn't help I came home to this yesterday because my cleaning lady has also been going to a rough time. My cleaning lady is a wonderful woman who's in her early 60's and has had a really rough life. She never went beyond grade 7 at school, which means she doesn't even have a high school leaving diploma [grade 11]. She's been working for close to 15 years restocking shelves at the Zellers in Pointe-Claire overnight. It's not a fun job especially at her age but it's almost a living. Unfortunately Target, has bought her particular Zellers and once they take it over she will lose her job or at least her salary will be back to minimum wage if she does keep it. She's been depressed and fretting over this for months now.

This means that she's more spacey then usual. She always forgets at least one thing, usually it's turning off the lights after she's done, but of late she leaves bags in random places or the mop. Heck last week she forgot her umbrella on my front door and two weeks before that she forgot her sweater in the kitchen.

But yesterday she outdid herself in spaciness and while it really pissed me off, when I do talk to her next Friday I'll just ask her not to do this again so if she spaces out, the results will be different. No matter how upset I was when I saw it, I certainly won't chew her out or dock her pay or anything like that.  I suppose she put the kitty litter on sewing basket while she mopped the floor. It's hard to see it's a sewing basket because I cover it with a towel since the kitties like to use it as a chair to look out of the window. Problem is she left it there, and I presume one of the 4 cats decided it might be a good idea to use the litter not realizing it was precariously perched and it toppled emptying it's contents on the sewing machine desk, the floor, the chair, the vent you name it there was kitty litter on it.

I'm sure in a couple of weeks I'll look at this entry and laugh but last night when I spotted that, it was just too much. I had a complete and utter meltdown. It was the straw that broke the camel's back or the drop that made the glass overflow. Thankfully hubby picked up the mess, I just couldn't cope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!