Thursday, July 28, 2011

Discrimination rears it's ugly head

Article in the New York times had me shaking my head. Apparently most employers only want to hire people who are already employed. Which will leave those unemployed looking for work still unemployed. Sure some of the unemployed were poor employees and that's why they were laid off, but some were downsized because the company was downsizing and it has nothing to do with their performance.  To me it's a form of discrimination. You can't discriminate over gender, and race but you can discriminate over whether the person you're interviewing is employed or not?

Speaking of discrimination, this article I came across yesterday had me pretty mad. This kind of racism should not exist anymore but it does. I was pretty unimpressed. What does race have to do with anything?  It used to be people were racist to your face, now it's more hidden because of political correctness. It doesn't mean it's not there anymore. You'd think we were still in the 50's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!