Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wet summer and opportunities for Canadian Women.

I had read reports that summer 2011 would be a hot, dry, see droughts, summer.  Really? So far the days of summer we've had in Montreal have included rain, hail, rain and more rain. We've had few days were it was sunny, and if it was it wasn't all day.

It's dark and gloomy this morning, today and tomorrow we might have scattered thunderstorms and then Thursday showers, because the scattered thunderstorms weren't enough.

Interesting read about women this morning. Women currently feel they have access to a lot more then their mothers did. I certainly do. I know my mom had little or no rights when I was a baby. I had rights as a single mom in the late 80's that my mom didn't have as a single mom in the early 60's.  I'm not sure like the women in the article, if I feel worried for my daughters. I feel they will have at least the same advantages I had growing up and maybe less worries about if they can succeed as women in the world. It was harder to believe though I had women in my family who were successful single women as they were not the norm. Right now my daughters have lots of women who they can look up to for inspiration that are outside their family. I think that rocks.

Of course I worry about the women in Afghanistan, Yemen, Somalia and other parts of the world where they have little rights and little access to education and I hope that with time their daughters will have access to the same life my daughters do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!