Monday, June 20, 2011

One week vacation is too short!

I didn't do much other then weed some of my flower beds and do some laundry. I spent most of my week off doing nothing.  It's funny I'm nearing 50 and I always feel guilty when I do nothing. I figure I should be doing something more important. There's always something important to do and when I do nothing I feel guilty.

Funny thing about growing up Catholic - even if you drop it at some point in your life, the guilt remains. It's so easy for people to play with that guilt and make me feel less then nothing just with a little guilt.  One thing I don't feel guilty about is that I did get some rest. I feel well-rested, but one week isn't enough.

Well I did finish a few pastels including one done all yesterday. I like it a lot - called Syria's Spotty Future. Sadly it remains that spotty after Assad's speech which had nothing new to say. I mean the fact he was calling for refuges to come back home, that the army was there to protect them. Some refuges in Turkey are saying "Go home so they can finish us off". Sadly that's how much credibility Bashar Al Assad has nowadays.  His own people are seeing him as a butcher.


We still have no mail and it's becoming a HUGE PITA for me as I have to find all my bills and take them to the bank. The only one I can't do that with is my dentist bill. Not sure how I'm going to pay it. Drive the cheque over?  Gonna have to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!