Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Lighter mood needed

I need to step away from the things that are disturbing me and enjoy the silliness in life.  This morning on the way to work I had a couple of reasons to chuckle to myself as I drove my Grand Vitara to work.

Just a few blocks away from home, I notice there's an SUV half parked on the bike path, half-parked on the sidewalk [Because blocking both the bike path and the sidewalk is the way to go!]. Both are illegal of course, and ideally the guy should have parked either in the friend's driveway or across the street. But that's neither here or there.

The other thing I notice is that there are what appears to be 4 little old men [Brain goes on to think Benny Hill reunion?] and eventually as I got closer I realized, that this 4-some of retirees had decided that it would be a perfect day to spend on the greens. Obviously one guy decided that he wanted to take the rest of them in his brand new white Mercedes SUV. The commotion I saw was them trying to fit the 4th set of golf clubs into the trunk. Why it took all 4 of them....?

Which had me thinking  how many retired men does it take to put golf clubs in a Mercedes SVU trunk?

So I keep driving to work and of course at some point had to stop for a red light. I'm sitting listening to a CD I made of MP3's and bopping to the music. A dude in a motorcycle stops  on the passenger side. I'm thinking 250cc? Nothing more then that. After a few minutes into the light, the dude  starts revving his engine. Trying to get my attention? Bored? Who knows? I didn't look, I was too busy listening to my tunes. However once the light changed, since I had no one in front of me, I just gunned it and left him in my dust. Easily done with a V6  :)  Yeah part of me is terrified driving, part of me just LOVES the sensation of speed. Especially in my truck.

Of course this entertained me on my way to work, while I was still in my morning fog and not too alert. It kept my mind off getting pissed off at the bad drivers.

Speaking of which, I almost got into a collision on the way home tonight,  with some airhead , who was of course talking on her cell phone, holding it with one hand to her ear [Illegal to do here], who decided to do an illegal U-turn into oncoming turning traffic, which was my lane. Where are the traffic cops when you need them?

At Dunkin Donuts, or Timmy's of course.

1 comment:

  1. Illegal U-turn into oncoming traffic? hahaha. Soo did you honk at her?

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!