Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Disappointed

The BBSer friend who was to visit Canada Day/US Independence Day Week-end, had her plans thwarted.  Because they fired another employee, they are expecting her to fill in on the Saturday I believe she told me.  That sucks. 

I had just started to anticipate her visit. If I don't anticipate at all, then I seem uninterested and don't have enough enthusiasm when someone visits. If I anticipate too soon and plans get changed then I feel like crap because I was all psyched up for the friends visit and they aren't coming.  

On the one side I feel for her. I know she's working out of duty, not because she wants to work. She needs a vacation and sooner would have been better then later.  The positive side of the coin is that they offered her an extra day off Labour day week-end, so she's rescheduled for then.  Here's me keeping my fingers crossed that they don't pull another fast one on her Labour day week-end. She deserves a break and besides I'm looking forward to meeting her. Doesn't that count for something?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!