Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's raining again

I often have such a hard time getting my brain started on days where it rains. Today is no exception. In fact today is a prime example of me having a hell of a time getting my brain in gear.  The first email I have is from my therapist, who loves to change my appointments at the last minute.

My appoinment was to be at 7pm tomorrow night, this morning, I get an email asking to change for 5pm. This  is totally inconvenient for me since I was planning working till 7:30 or 8 every day this week because I'm not coming in on Friday.  I can't see myself going back to work after talking to therapist. That's when I need to go home because my emotions are at the surface and I need to put them back under lock and key lest I blow up at some poor unsuspecting soul at work.

This week of all weeks. I also have interviews to do for students for Fall semester for one university  and a pile of other work that I need to get through. Especially since I'd planned my schedule properly. He almost always changes appointments at the last minute, but sometimes the appointments are too early.

Last night I chatted my eldest while she polished her boots. She's got a 4-person room to herself at the moment. That might change when other groups arrive for other classes if there is a woman. She might end up with a room mate or 3. She figures she'll be alone probably till sometime in June.

She showed me pictures of her room and proudly told me they had made a clamp in her class. Falls under category of making your own parts if no parts are available at sea I suppose.  Her teacher is female so that's helpful for her. At least she has someone she can look at when the guys are being guys and get a knowing look back :)  I need to add she's the lone female in a class of 10.

Just got another email asking me if I can come at the scheduled time on Wednesday to see my therapist. Why yes, that would suit me fine :) And on that note I must kick start my brain already. I'm so asleep today and I need to get ready for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!