Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I wish my salary would increase like my home insurance.

I nearly fainted when I received my home insurance bill renewal last week. I tried calling but it was at time of night where the office was closed. It took me a few more days before I took the bill to work so I could call during my break.  My bill last year was ballpark $1000, my bill this year was $1400. That's a HUGE increase. Technically that's a 40% increase.

When I talked to the representative she was saying 30% raise was common. That insurance prices went up. That she got her bill last week and she saw the bite of 30%.  In the end after looking into things she claimed she saw a way to lower my premium without removing any of the coverage. Yeah in the end I'm getting a 30% increase. And like a polite little Canadian I thanked her for lowering my bill.

Of course I wonder how many people call. If I hadn't called I would have gotten a whopping 40% increase. I wish I would get that kind of raise at work! I could sure use more money. I'm starting to think I can't afford to work at my job anymore. I may actually have to look for a job that pays more.

The cost of everything has increased substantially the past few years, starting of course with the price of oil/gas whatever you want to call it. It's $1.50 per liter. It wasn't so long ago it wasn't even $1.00. And when the price of gasoline goes up, so does the price of every item that has to be shipped. So the price of everything goes up.  Everything EXCEPT salaries.

Oh if only I got a salary increase like my home insurance increased. One can dream :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!