Saturday, April 09, 2011

Peanut butter Panda puffs

I went to Tau natural foods after work yesterday to buy different gluten free products. One of them was a cereal called Peanut butter Panda Puffs.  Trying them out for breakfast this morning. I miss having peanut butter toast for breakfast. I find peanut butter really gets me going in the morning.

So I'm testing out if these Panda puffs will give me the boost I need to wake up and work long term so I'm not hungry again right away. They taste pretty good. Sweet even. But lots of stuff tastes sweet to me, by virtue I never eat anything with sugar.

Since I went gluten free most work mornings my breakfast has consisted of oatmeal. Sure I make interesting oatmeal with blueberries or strawberries, or raisins. I also can add hulled hemp seeds, walnuts [not the Amira ones being recalled], pecans, and various spices. It makes a good breakfast but after months of it, I'm bored!!!

I'm having my panda puffs with my favorite soy milk, Vitasoy, but I realized yesterday that it contains some barley, and I believe barley has gluten. Though I believe I have more issues with wheat then I do with barley.

Much like I try to stay dairy free, but I won't let a bit of dairy spoil my fun. The worst I get with a bit of dairy is stomach bloat.  I do try to use only goat and sheep cheese but it's hard to find ready made products that use goat or sheeps cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!