Saturday, April 16, 2011

Looking forward to today

I'm visiting a friend in Ottawa and he's taking me to a friends place in Quebec about 1 hours drive from here. They have a wildlife refuge. Animals that are found in need are brought to them by the game and wildlife, they heal and rehabilitate the animals and hope to return them to nature.  They have raised all sorts of baby animals. 

Since the early 90's I've been seeing in my head a quiet place, which I've attempted to draw twice.  My friend tells me it looks exactly like his friend's place. I wonder how it will feel to go there, since I've been seeing this place in my head for nearly 20 years.  I wonder if it will feel like déjà vu or very special.

I've gotten to places for the first time, like this small town in England and it was like I'd been there before. I remember getting off the tour bus with my grandpa who wanted a particular type of chewing gum to help with his digestion and despite having never been to this town before, I knew exactly where to find the convenience store. Not only that but I walked in and didn't even look, just picked up what he needed off the shelf and put it on the counter.  Blew my mind, my grandpa's mind and his sister who was traveling with us.

Normally when I'm in a new environment I feel very lost and I have to look up and down the place several times before I get my bearings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!