Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A little bit of geek heaven.

Every 4-6 months I get to order new hardware for testing purposes, that gets shared among the team. Sometimes I get to chose some of the hardware, sometimes it gets chosen by the lead of the hardware team, anticipating the needs for my team knowing what new products we will be testing. 

The new equipment just started coming in this week from the list we made in March. For a geek like me it always feels like Christmas when we get new hardware. This time is no different. The most exciting piece of hardware on my list had to be the Z800, FM014UT model. It's a dual 6-core Xeon with hyper-threading. Just seeing those 24 processors listed in windows today was so exciting.

I also look forward to try out the ASUS PA246Q, all of it's 4 ports :) I have 6 LCD's just cabled waiting in line to be tested. I wonder if the cleaning staff think I'm a nut! The other hardware, I'm going to unbox and make sure it's not DOA.  Sure I could have someone else do it, but I find it fun to unbox and try out all the new lcds and USB devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!