Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines day

Was a weird day for me. I rushed in this morning as I had interviews scheduled from 9am straight till lunch. The guy who "overcomes obstacles and achieves greatness" was the first guy I interviewed and no I didn't comment on his resume. Never found the time or inclination. 

I was 5 minutes late due to the snow and rushing to get inside the building and I noticed an envelope in the snow, and figured it was nothing much but ended up kicking it and noticed the shade of red inside the envelope which lead me to think it might have a $50 CAD in it.  So I picked up the envelope and realized it had 4 x 50 CAD. I gave it to the security guard at the reception when I came in and my gut was telling me it belonged to one of my employees so I mentioned it in passing to my gf who works in my department and was overheard by another employee who described the envelope and the number of $50 bills. I told him to claim it from security. By that time, the security guard had given it to his boss, who left it with one of the women from HR. 

So when I came back to reception to pick my "WOW" student to interview him, I was thanked by the head of security who felt he had to do it personally as well as telling me I'm honest. [Yes too honest sometimes].  The woman in HR left me a very nice voice mail thanking me as well, with a comment about Karma. My employee must have thanked me a dozen times, to the point where he was apologizing for thanking me.

There have been Valentines days where I feel I don't exist. It was not the case this day. Today I got 2 bouquets of flowers. One from my ex, which he gave me today but was for my birthday in December [which he missed completely] and the other was from my hubby. 

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!