Monday, January 03, 2011

I love my Grand Vitara while awake and wired at 3:30AM

Of late I tend to be sleepy between 8-10pm. This is NOT a good thing. If I fall asleep then, I will wake up between 12-2 am and then I cannot fall asleep again. Even if I eat. I stay wired. No matter what  I do.

Tonight I'm feeling what I could only describe as "there's a storm coming". I hope it's a huge snow storm :) I love huge snowstorms.

2010 Grand Vitara  off road in Mt Tremblant Provincial Park
Of course it's even more fun now that I have a 2010 Grand Vitara V6. [insert a Tim the tool man Taylor grunt here]. I just love it. 

The amusing thing is, when I went out to shop for a small SUV, Suzuki wasn't even on my list. My top contender was the Mitsubishi Outlander. I had decided to try out all the top Japanese brands. So I test drove a Nissan Rogue, a Toyota Rav4, a Honda CR-V, and a Mitsubishi Outlander. 

When I test drove the Honda, the salesman was trying to assess my needs and asked me how long I keep my vehicles and I said 10 years. So he suggests, that if I'm going to keep an SUV that long I should go with Honda, Toyota or Suzuki.
2010 Grand Vitara JLX-L V6 deep sea blue metallic
So I test drove the Grand Vitara, and fell in love. I was able to raise my seat way up and still reach pedals, I can see where I'm going, I love it's acceleration. [insert another Tim the tool man Taylor grunt here]. Unlike most vehicles it's class, it's more of a truck then a car and is the only true off road one. Something I think I'm really going to enjoy as I travel around in northern Canada, or even if I just live outside the city.

The only thing I'm equally in love with is my ThinkPad Edge, but I'll blog about that some other day :)

2 comments:

  1. It's so cool finding your blog from a search and reading your take here.

    Also love my own Grand Vitara down here in the U.S. desert southwest. It's nice seeing other people praise this underappreciated (in North America) fine vehicle. It's so damn comfortable for something this rugged. It's a great looking suv too. And a fine daily driver plus spacious for those costco trips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sean,

    Thanks for your comments. It's been more then a year from the time I blogged and I still love my Grand Vitara, including for those trips to costco. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!