Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Catholic church and Douche-Bags.....

Interesting article on the Catholic church,  about documents that make it clear that the Catholic church knew some priests were molesting children and kept it hidden.   I don't get that the priests were kept and just moved around from parish to parish exposing more and more children to these pedophiles. My understanding was that priests should be celibate and abstain from sexual relations.

Of course not all priests are bad. My step-dad was a Catholic priest before he married my mom in 1972, and he was just a really good man. With the qualities you'd hope to find in a priest.  I was really lucky to have him as my father, he was the best father a girl could wish for and I wish he was still around...

I watched  a Dennis Leary special and giggled myself silly. Douche-bags everywhere he says, and starts by making fun of the pope  in particular and the Catholic church in general.

My favorite   Dennis Leary skit though has to be the one called "My kids".  After a bad week, that skit never gets old. Especially "Dad, dad dad dad dad dad dad daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, dad .." "WHAT" "Can I have a cookie?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!