Wednesday, December 29, 2010

City Homicide, Last season already?

I've fallen in love with an Aussie show.  City Homicide is as good as anything produced in the US. My eldest and I love the Aussie slang and the way the show has developed. 

I was reading commentary from an Aussie newspaper saying that no one needs more cops shows and that there is nothing new in this show. I thought it was interesting and fresh. Perhaps because it was the first Aussie show I've seen? Season 4 which has just ended is the last full season I'm told. Next year there will be a mini-series and then the show will be put out to pasture.  

Daughter says best line ever "You been rooting senior sergeant's wife mate?"

Personally I love watching cop shows from other countries, since their rules of law and the way their police works is different then what I know in Canada. I'm used to US shows, but I've also had pleasure to watch Law & Order UK and Paris enquĂȘtes criminelles. I enjoyed both because even though episodes are based on US ones, I get to see a different perspective

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!