Monday, September 21, 2009

We stopped in Membertou, Visited Louisbourg and camped in Whycocomah

Day’s inn was ok, we stopped in Merbertou to get stuff at the gift shop for my friend in Ottawa. Then we took the road to Louisbourg. We spent the afternoon walking around Louisbourg. We had lunch there in the "middle class" place, I had the mussels, and he had the pea soup, and the haddock with carrots and turnips. Traditional fare from back then.

We walked around, and just before leaving ran into the Mi’kmaq exhibit and got into a convo with the Mi’qmaq lady who gives info about the booth. She was a delightful lady. Funny first she thought Samer was my son, then she thought he might be native. But when I told her he was 15 years my junior and that he was more mature then my ex... she gave me a you go girl.

After leaving Louisbourg, we drove back towards Lake bras d’or to Whycocomagh provincial park. It wasn’t my idea to go back that away... however it was the only provincial park in cape Breton that still was open for camping. It was a great choice. We were camping up in the hills and had a view from our campsite on Lake Bras d’or. Also with the breeze, most of the time, the smell of sweetgrass was distinctly floating through. The sky was also good for stargazing and we enjoyed a nice fire. It didn't rain, and it wasn't particularly cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!