Monday, May 14, 2007

The water gods absolutely hate me

So it was just a little bit past midnight. CSI Miami had just started. The "Caruso one-liner'" tonight was "Here we go" followed by the who screaming.

I had just been thinking about an old photo from when I was in University and decided to go scan it. Well I walked into the basement and low and behold there is water... My hotwater tank seemed to have sprung a leak. The fact that those who installed my furnace blocked partial access to the drain didn't help. Water was covering the floor of most of the basemetn at least 1-3cm. Got my eldest downstairs to give me a hand. She was pushing water with a giant squeegee towards the fold room where the sump pump is so it would drain there, and I was pushing it back into the drain in the furnace room, once I freed the drain from the border blocking it. I also picked up 2 buckets full by towels and sponge mop. I'm tired. I'm crabby.

This was around 12:11am... Officially on Monday.. What a way to start a Monday.. .It's close to 3am and I'm still not sleeping. I'm hoping that the valve I closed is right and it's going to keep the water from leaking into the furnace room. I'll deal with the water damage tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!