Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'm starting to feel the excitement

I'm started to really feel excited over the fact that on February 21st, I'm flying to Dubai. When I booked the flight I was wrought over with panic and fear. I do dislike flying and am somewhat claustrophobic. The idea of flying twice 6 1/2 hour flights is daunting. But at the end of the day, in this case the ends justify the means.

My sweetie was refused a Visa to enter Canada, so he cannot visit me as planned in April. Instead of being completely devastated, I figured if he can't come to me, I can go to him. Besides I've been wanting to meet him in person for about 10 years. [but who's counting?] I had hoped that by now he'd be in Canada much like his ex-wife.

Admittedly Dubai would not have been a destination I would have considered visiting if I didn't have the incentive of having a friend there, but on the other hand, I've only traveled within North America the past 20 years, and before I was 18, I'd been to Europe 3 times. So if nothing else this will be a very different experience. I mean my last 3 flights were to Denver, Colorado, San Francisco, California, and Tampa, Florida.

So I'm totally excited this morning, and on that note, I need to get ready for work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!