Sunday, February 11, 2007

I'm going to Kill her...

My youngest set her alarm clock for Saturday morning 6:00am so she would make her lifeguard job on time. Of course she forgot to turn it off, so at 6:00am Sunday morning, who does it wake up? Mom. She slept at a friends house.

Did it wake up her sister? No. I had to get up at 6:15 to shut off the "BEEP BEEP BEEP" that was making my heart double beat, because it would not have shut itself off ever. I actually didn't turn off the alarm. I unplugged the alarm clock.

I've been doing that for 7 years now. Whenever she forgets her alarm clock, I unplug it. You'd think it would be annoying enough to have to reset the time each time she forgets it, that she would learn to turn it off....

I mean I'm particularly upset this morning cause I've been sick since Tuesday, been trying to get all the sleep I can manage to get rid of this flu/cold whatever it is as soon as possible. I was sleeping peacefully at 6am. I've been angry and annoyed and unable to sleep since 6am. I'm still not well enough to do anything constructive around my place. so sleep would have been good.

She will get a lecture today about turning off her alarm clock. I mean she does it at least once a month. And of course she's NEVER around to turn it off, and it's always set for hours that I never have to get up at, and more often then not, it wakes me up after I've been struggling to fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!