Friday, February 02, 2007

Gone daddy gone, gone gone gone....

The bad student was removed from my team. Dunno if he'll survive in the other team. So far so good.. but in essence he's got 2 weeks to prove himself. Dunno if he'll be able to manage that.

I interviewed today a 19year old for a QA position, he's got more skills both technical and people then most I've interviewed for the past year. He seemed to have every skill we could possibly want. I told him he left me speechless, and I'm hard to impress. Now we'll have to see if he's willing to accept the salary we offer him. He can't start with a base salary higher then what my guys make especially those who have been there.. like several years.



We went to Subways for lunch twice this week. I mean I do fine with a vegetarian 6" on whole wheat sandwich. I've got to say that the Subways on des Sources & Pierrefonds blvd is the best Subways in the area. The staff is friendly and their food is fresh. I've not been sick from eating at that Subways. At other Subways it's a hit or miss and the staff at the one at Fairview sucks. The other one on des Sources, it's always so incredibly crowded, and the staff is surly.

Now as I said, I went to the Subways twice this week, but I did not notice that in that same strip mall there was a Taco Bell. It seems in the past month or so the KFC became a KFC/Taco Bell. I drive past the KFC to and from work daily. I've been gripping about that fact since it gives me cravings for eating KFC chicken. Except that I've been a vegetarian for about 13 years now and the only flesh I'll occasionally eat is salmon or shrimp. And by occasionally I mean about once or twice a year. I stopped eating animal flesh because I had a real hard time digesting it. So eating chicken at this point would make me sick. However I still get chicken cravings every couple of weeks when I drive past the KFC. Apparently now I can stop at the taco bell's and get a veggie burrito instead... wonder how often it's the chicken craving that leads me to buy a veggie burrito?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:56 pm

    I'm a Subway junkie.. Today I had a 12 inch veggie on brown with swiss cheese, all the veggies holding the hot peppers, cucumber and onions (for gen's sake).

    I have those a few times a week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!