Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Who uses soap in bars?

I've realized I don't buy soap bars anymore. In the kitchen it's liquid soap. In my shower it's definitely body washes. I don't have negative reactions to Yves Rocher body washes. I did try their anti-aging products once and had a poor reaction. I stay away from those.

Today I was at the Mall, took a break from the painting. And as I was coming back from Home Sense where I was looking for new oven mitts - mine date from before I married 20 years ago, I smelt the Yves Rocher store. The mix of berry scented body washes just drew me in. They had a new perfume, Voile d'Ambre, that I liked. Since they had a 50% sale, I splurged and got 1 bottle and the body wash. It reminded me a bit of the Ambergris essential oil I use to wear some 10 years ago, that I can't find anymore.

My favorite Yves Rocher scent is still "Folies des Saisons: Automne" which was discontinued maybe 4 years ago? I still have 3/4 of a bottle. Still love it. But I also like "Ode a l'amour", "Ming Shu, fleur rare" and of course the Bourbon Vanilla. I've been alternating those three for the past year or so now, most days according to my mood. I also occasionally use from the "Plaisirs de la nature" collection, the raspberry, blackberry, and citrus scents during the summer.

It's sad. I have a preferred customer card for Yves Rocher. I think I own only 2 such cards, the other being for La Senza. So I have 5 different body washes to chose from in the morning? When did life become so complicated? I can never make up my mind - like this helps any?

Not that I miss the stale smell of a bar of Ivory that's been soaking in a puddle of water in the soap dish. I wonder how many germs sat in that soap dish festering and becoming part of the soapy mess? The smell of ivory soap that's been soaking all afternoon in the sun is etched in my mind, and associated with otherwise pleasant memories of my mom's best friend's home, both their summer cottage and city home. It's turned me off ivory soap in bars for life. I do still use ivory dish soap, it's the one my hands tolerates the best for those dishes that aren't dishwasher safe

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:51 pm

    Hello,

    I happened to find your blog while Googling the Yves Rocher fragrance Folies de Saisons Automne. I have been unable to find a 60ml version of this item on Ebay. When I would find it, the seller would not accept a payment method that I could send him, or would simply not ship to my country, Canada. I was wondering where you got yours, and if you might be able to get me one of the 60ml version, with original box and all. I could pay you for anything it cost you to get it

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia,

    I picked up my last bottles of Folies des Saisons: Automne from Yves Rocher around the time they discontinued the scent. I went to all the stores in my area of Montreal and bought out the last bottles. I'm down to my last bottle and I wish I could find more too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!