Tuesday, December 05, 2006

They are like gone....

Since an unpleasant incident this afternoon where I thought I lost some important files at work today, I've had this line stuck in my head.. in a repetitive loop..

" If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because, man, they're gone"

And if you're wondering where it's from? Deep thoughts, by Jack Handy - SNL :)

Luckily my HW guy at work found a PSU for my Old IBM Intellistation beast, and it's back in Business. Might even have found a really awesome bug with it :)

I've got my new laptop and while I'm thrilled with it, I'm finding the keyboard too stiff. I can't believe it. First time ever I find a keyboard stiffer then what I'm used to. I'm sure within a couple of weeks I'll be fine with this keyboard. I mean it's not a bad keyboard.

Of course because I work as a PC tech, I have to have a hard time with the software on my new lappy. MP10 crashed first time it tried running. IE wouldn't load windows update page properly. Now downloading IE7. Bleah! I'd rather use Firefox 2.0.

I'm freezing. I've been cold at work for the past 2 days. Apparently the vents froze opened. So all the cold air is coming in from outside. Was 68F at my desk when I came in this morning. I tend to prefer 72F Then again I've seen it as warm as 90F at my desk too. Despite being all wrapped up in multiple layers I'm freezing. I hope this isn't an ominous sign that I'm about to come down with some nasty virus...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!